Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3.0 in modem mode still giving off wifi

connect to both SSID and see if https://www.myip.com/ give the same IP address

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I can confirm the following:

I can only access the hub page by using http://http://192.168.100.1/ .    I can NOT access it using  http://192.168.0.1. (even if im connected to the VM wifi)

The SSID is VMxxxxxxx which has been the same since the day it was installed a couple of years ago. It is deffo our personal SSID - same as the bottom of the hub.

When i first noticed this i realised the wifi was still on - so i disabled modem mode - to allow access to router. Then is disabled the wifi 2.4 and 5ghz channels in the settings. The wifi no longer worked - i could no longer connect to VM SSID. I then restarted the modem mode but the VM SSID appeared again and I was able to connect to internet.

Im not sure where to see firmware? - but the software version says 9.1.1802.610, hardware 10 in the info section

It is definitely in modem mode in the settings. But for some bizarre reason is giving out wifi. :s

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

you clearly have a faulty hub then if what you are saying is accurate.
in this instance you have no idea if other services that should be disable are also still running, therefore you need to have this hub replaced.

what gadget team told you is nonsense, if you paid for any part of that advice then you should seek a refund.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

ive connected to both separately - and both give excatly same IP address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It was gadget rescue. I explained to them the issue - she then said i needed to be put through to the third party equipment helpline- as i had connected my own router to the hub. i was told that i may be charged - but she put me on hold and then said that this was normal- and that was that. She said there was some updates they were doing so this may correct the issue but i genuinely believe she did not know what she was talking about and seemed keen to end the conversation.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It does sound like a faulty hub.

@ModTeam Please can you ask the forum team to pick this up after the bank holiday to get @DarkKnight19 a replacement hub as the call centre staff are just giving them the runaround and giving out inaccurate information.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi DarkKnight19, 

Really sorry about the issues you're having with your hub, this ins't good. 

Have things improved since you posted? If not then don't worry, we'll send you a PM now just in case and take things from there 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos