Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how to complain about delay in installation for Virgin media

We have been with virgin media for 18 years. We have moved house - internet was due to be installed on 4th November - this wasn't done despite numerous phone calls, we waited in as we were told it would be that day. Phoned yesterday 5th November - and we were told the date is 17th November but we would be put on a priority list. We both work from home. I work for the NHS. I have phoned today to explain and try again to get an earlier appointment and we were told the same by one lady in installation that the date is 17th November.

I can't work with this future date. So I asked to be put through to the complaints - been on the phone for 1.5 hours the lady on the phone said that there is no appointment booked for 17th November at all!!! So now it's going to be 21st November. I feel so angry and disappointed, we are being transferred from pillar to post, everyone saying different things, no one seems to know what is going on . Everyday we are told something different. Surely there should be priority for NHS/key workers- working from home?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: how to complain about delay in installation for Virgin media

Nigh-on everyone is working from home at the moment, not just "NHS/key-workers".

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The main issues are : 4th November - we were told in the afternoon that someone would come be coming - they did not. If we had been told the truth - we could have rebooked and the date would be sooner. Then phoned 5th Nov - spend hour on phone - booked for 17th November (or so we thought). Phoned today to again ask if someone can come earlier but find out no appointment has been booked an its now 19th November - 2 weeks without the internet!! 

Other companies can come sooner but we are stuck in a contract so cannot leave without paying a large disconnection fee. How can other utilities come sooner but Virgin is 2 weeks and that is if they turn up. We can't check the appointment as it says we no longer have an account. This makes it difficult to complain as well as it says we no longer have an account even though we have a new number. I have been told it takes 24 hours for details of the appointment to be sent on an email. So if this does not arrive I will have to phone again - i was on the phone for 1 hour 33 minutes today.

Terrible service.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Who are "other companies"?
It depends on availability and such.

Plus Virgin are an independent company with their own private network, whereas Openreach have lines already serving nigh-on every house in the country so any provider can use their lines.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos