Menu
DeeHones
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

how can you actually talk to someone?

Hi,

i'm having intermittent issue with WiFi, all devices drop connection Netflix stops working etc. a restart of the router always resolves it - i'm having to do it a few times a week now. I've done all the troubleshooting steps (i'm an IT engineer) and trying to get help from the website just sends me round and round in circles trying basic fixes I've already done. Connections are spit between 2 and 5 and neither look to be overloaded. I suspect the router needs replacing but i can't get through to an actual person, i've just spent the last hour going round in circles, again.

Anyone got a number where you can actually get through to someone? 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: how can you actually talk to someone?

if wired connections are fine you'll be much better getting your own wireless hit. As an IT engineer, you should know ISP cheap crap is not going to be good
0 Kudos
DeeHones
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be honest it has been absolutely fine so until now I've not had reason to consider spending money on upgrading.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Time to bite the bullet and get your own better equipment 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
DeeHones
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi has been absolutely fine, never any problems before. I may upgrade at some point (should i need to) but working version of what i have would be more than adequate for now. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@DeeHones wrote:

WiFi has been absolutely fine, never any problems before. I may upgrade at some point (should i need to) but working version of what i have would be more than adequate for now. 

You can make it work by putting it into modem mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos