cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high download speeds but cannot connect to some websites.

mtennant
Dialled in

I have quite high down load speeds but there are some websites which I cannot connect to. Sometimes the circle goes round for ages and the green line only moves so far. Other times it says that the server has stopped responding. What is causing this and how can I sort it?

PS have a booster in lounge as router is in another room.

11 REPLIES 11

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Check Web Safe https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/web-safe 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

mtennant
Dialled in

I can see this being useful. Two points. The site I am trying to load is Eurowings , which is up a safe site, having used it many times before. I occasionally got in today but could not get further into my booking, same performance as before. 
Can you use Websafe with Apple devices?

Try removing the booster from the equation. The website seems to be up. Maybe also try the Eurowings app too. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

mtennant
Dialled in

Just been on Amazon site, looking at past orders. Changing pages is taking ages, same as above.

Client62
Legend

Make sure your Apple kit is not using a VPN ( E.g Apple Private Relay / Browsing ) this can affect performance if Child Safe is enabled.

Hi @mtennant thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We've ran some checks here and there aren't any issues on the line that could be causing this at the time of writing, but how have things been since your post on Sunday, has there been any improvements?

Many thanks

Tom_W

It comes and goes. Sometimes webpage is very slow in loading , or an article in website cannot load or is slow. Several times it says the server is not working( cannot remember the exact words) or internet connection has been lost. Other times it works ok.  I deleted the O2 app which I had recently installed and it may have b made a difference but honestly it is hard to tell. Sorry for being so vague. But I do know that the iPad is not performing as well and it is only 18 months old.

Sometimes the circle at top right corner just goes round and round. M Tennant

Thanks for getting back to us @mtennant 

Can you see if your iPad is fully up to date with any software versions and if you get the same issue on other devices at all?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley