Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hUb upgrade

So i am told that i am eligible for FREE upgrade to HUB 3. i click through to order and am told that my package cost will increase. (not free then)

A note says if you are ordering just free equipment get in touch so i do

C.S tell me that i can have the hub at a cost of 335 (not free then)

Not quite sure which dept is lying to me but a bit annoyed that someone is. Anyone managed to negotiate the system and get the promised free upgrade?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: hUb upgrade

£35 is the activation fee. That’s standard for all devices especially if you’re out of contract and/or on an older legacy contract. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a SH1/2 then you are eligible for the free upgrade (delivery cost)

Are you trying the "scheme" link and being "oopsed" or just trying on your account? If the latter then it is auto set up that you are requesting a chargeable upgrade.

Try this.
------------------------------------------

try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge).

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then see below.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

_____________________________________________-
Getting “oopsed” usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" (there may be a delivery charge) - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.
_______________________________________________________-

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thepiercy, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've tried to have a look into your account to see if this has been sorted since you posted but I've been unable to locate it. 

Can I ask if this has all been sorted?

If not then please get back in touch so we can help from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos