Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

getting responses

Just wondering if you only get responses from Virgin if you post publicly? My post yesterday had an instant response, however my reply to a private message seems to have been missed or dropped to the bottom of the priority list....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: getting responses

Cant comment - but if you are in a PM - then that VM agent may be away from work now?

EDIT:  Just checked yesterday's thread - there was no invite to a PM from a VM Staff member - did you send an unsolicited PM to someone who responded?

You issue was "diagnosed" as low power levels and  needing VM input - so you need to call it in or wait here until a VM person picks it up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Forum staff do their best, and that's usually pretty good, but you have to accept that the forum isn't a real time (or even guaranteed time) response service.  Staff are dealing with hundreds of issues daily, and equally they may be waiting on replies from other people in VM.  I know its frustrating, but I would suggest that allowances have to be made.

You could always chance your arm phoning, but in my long experience of VM the forum has always been the most civilised and often quickest way of getting things fixed.

Sorry if that doesn't help with your issue, but that is how I see things, and I'm certainly not here to excuse the more disagreeable aspects of VM's customer service.

EDIT: Just read JB's sensible response.  Whilst I'd agree with the diagnosis yesterday of low downstream power levels, PM'ing either random forum staff, or random forum helpers isn't usually going to get a response.  I have flagged your original post for VM forum staff to look into, so hopefully they'll respond presently, but my comments above still apply: It's web forum, not a blue light service, and you should only use PM where that's essential for confidentiality.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A VM agent PM'd me stating that she would arrange for an engineer to be sent to my home to replace the hub. I haven't just been randomly messaging agents, don't worry!

Just heard nothing back, which is unusual considering the speedy response of every other communication from VM in this forum and on twitter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need to wait for their reply then - it's likely they work a shift pattern.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A VM agent PM'd me stating that she would arrange for an engineer to be sent to my home to replace the hub. I haven't just been randomly messaging agents, don't worry!

Sorry if I jumped to the wrong conclusion there.  On a more practical note, VM are going through a phase where there's a knee-jerk response of "we'll replace your hub" when customers have problems.  In most cases that of itself doesn't fix anything, because noise or power level problems are many times more likely to be the cable connection not the hub.  By all means let VM replace it as there is a small chance that it is a failing hub, but when the technician arrives, make sure they have looked at and sorted the low downstream power levels reported in the other thread.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuartandhannah,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been kept waiting.

I can see that you've been in contact with my colleague Zoie.

Just a quick look at our internal Skype network says she's been off for the last 2 days. 

Our shift pattern is split over 4 different teams within digital support - with each team working one weekend a month and when we work our dedicated weekend, we have two days off in the week to support our agreed contract hours. 

I can see that Zoie has been out of office for the last two days and there I suspect that this weekend is her team's weekend online - meaning she's been on RDO (roted day off) on Thursday and Friday

Sorry for the delay, but I'm confident she'll be back in tomorrow and I'm sure she'll be back to you as soon as she possibly can

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your kind words also @Andruser

David_Bn 🙂