Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

error code 404

I am getting this message (error code 404) on all apps i am downloading and when i try and login. But when i am on the internet with firefox i can in with the websites. I should i been having touble with apps. Any help would be get. Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: error code 404

Any help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick,

Thank you for reaching out to us on our community, so i can get you the right help please can you provide me with the following information.

what apps are using when you get the 404 error?. 

What device is this on?

Is this happening as soon as you try to download from the app store, or when you try to sign in/load the app?

Is this over mobile data or WiFi?

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I can download the app like bbc iplayer and itv hub etc. Onto my ipad but when i try and login in it wont let me. I have tried on 2 different ipads and a iphone x and samsung s8. All on wifi. But when i go onto 4g all is ok.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Assuming the apps connect to a server which basically a Web server itself, error 404 means page not found.

I found this useful link which might help

404 not found error

It could also be linked to the global movement to switch all Web servers to use https:// which is more secure.

However, your last message mentioned no problems using 4g. I think that you have a WiFi problem in that the dns server used  by the router is corrupt. This would likely be fixed by rebooting your router, or worst case a factory reset.

I'd suggest a call to tech support, explaing how things work on 4g, but not on WiFi via you hub 3.0.

Good luck

AndyBundy
-----------------
I don't work for VM. I am medically 'retired' after working for a large multi-national Telco and have spent fifteen years in WAN/LAN IP Networking, Network Management and IT Support.
0 Kudos