Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

elderly parents without any service at all

My elderly parents have been without any services - telephone, broadband/tv for 2 days now - we thought it may be a temporary outage as this has happened several times, mainly with the telephone being out of service for 2/3 days at a time.

They don't have a mobile so can't try to call, I have checked their account online and they have been disconnected!  They pay via direct debit and have no issues with non-payments!!  I'm outraged as my mum can't get out much and watches a fair bit of tv and my Dad uses email and we can't contact them or vice versa.  You realise how poor the communication options are when something like this happens - there is no way of calling regarding their account because it's been disconnected and of course I am on Virgin Media too so I would be directed re: my account. 

so i'm writing here out of desperation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: elderly parents without any service at all

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have tried the messaging service and it appears that the people moving in to the flat above have applied for an account and it has been confused as being a new customer in my parents flat!!!  They say they tried to call but my parents are so wary of sales calls they may have either chosen not to answer or misunderstood thinking it was a sales call - they don't recollect anyone trying to contact them and why not email as well?  I can't believe this can happen when my parents have a valid account number and are clearly paying monthly - surely it was obvious there was an error.

I am now referred to the mover's team but want to keep this open as, based on past experience, i'm not confident of this being resolved by the mover's team

frustrated.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update:  after having to go through the whole thing again, the movers team has agreed to reconnect my parents within 24 - 48 hours - they can't change the address until the reconnection has gone through, which means going through the process of contacting again but at least my parents should have their account reinstated.  Needless to say, I will be requesting some kind of compensation for them but who knows when that will be.  Difficult times and not blaming staff, but Virgin Media's customer service is appalling given what my parents are paying.  The only option it seems we have is to threaten to leave, which isn't great.

thanks, Emma

0 Kudos