cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eero 6+ Cannot Connect to Internet During Set Up

markm1
Joining in

Hi there,

I just bought an eero 6+ 3 pack and I cannot get through the intitial set up, as the router is preventing the device from connecting to interent.

All steps for set up are fine, until I get to the connection side where the Hub 4 is required. I get the error, cannot connect to interenet.

I have repeated this step maybe 10 times, being sure to follow the steps exactly. I also attempted the set up with the Hub in Modem mode and still the error persists.

Can anyone offer any insight? The eero support sounded very confused and when I called Virgin they did not seem to be able to assist.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

follow this
----------------------

Switch on and set up your own router/Mesh unit (in its settings) with the WAN port set to be in Dynamic/Automatic IP or DHCP (& Nat) mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway.

Then, disconnect all cables from your new router (or all Mesh units) and switch them off and unplug them.

Then, put the VM Hub into modem mode
( https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode )
and wait for the base light to turn magenta/purple (on a Hub3 - but not on a Hub4!).

Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub “MUST” then be powered off.    Switch your router on and make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the ethernet cable from its WAN port to the VM hub (any port will do).

NOW… power up the VM hub and wait 5-10 minutes for The Hub to initialise and and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect any other Mesh units to the first one.

This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub. You might also set the SSID and key/password on the new router/Mesh to match that on the HUB so when you swap over, all your wireless devices should just connect automatically.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

follow this
----------------------

Switch on and set up your own router/Mesh unit (in its settings) with the WAN port set to be in Dynamic/Automatic IP or DHCP (& Nat) mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway.

Then, disconnect all cables from your new router (or all Mesh units) and switch them off and unplug them.

Then, put the VM Hub into modem mode
( https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode )
and wait for the base light to turn magenta/purple (on a Hub3 - but not on a Hub4!).

Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub “MUST” then be powered off.    Switch your router on and make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the ethernet cable from its WAN port to the VM hub (any port will do).

NOW… power up the VM hub and wait 5-10 minutes for The Hub to initialise and and you should get a connection. Use the recommended App to connect any other Mesh units to the first one.

This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub. You might also set the SSID and key/password on the new router/Mesh to match that on the HUB so when you swap over, all your wireless devices should just connect automatically.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi there. Thank you so much for this. I can confirm we are up and running.

I think the issue is that it takes the Hub much longer to initialize than the set up app allows. Once the setup fails (as the Hub is still initializing) Eero recommends that you unplug and start again, which creates a vicious of cycle.

All the best and thanks again.

Hi there, I am having the same issues you appear to have had. How did you overcome the issue with the hub taking so long to boot up?

Hi @1448george 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Does it have the same issue starting up with no additional third party equipment connected?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

1448george
Joining in

Thanks for the reply, it takes an age to boot up. A colleague of mine at work tried the Eros on his hub 3 and it connected with no problem. I also noticed these msgs on the network log?

01/01/1970 00:01:37criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/10/2023 16:28:11noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/10/2023 03:18:28ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
13/10/2023 09:52:54Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
12/10/2023 15:08:45notice

I have no idea if this is normal. I also ran the diagnostics test on the router log in screen and this stated there were Wi-Fi issues present.

Any help would be most welcome. The Wi-Fi signal has always been poor in our house hence my purchase of the eero. The broadband also drops out quite often.