Menu
Anm1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

dropping connection No Ranging Response receive

I am receiving regular Critical errors and regular lost connections on my V3 box. I have issues since last year. I have had a site visit upgraded my package and tried the booster route. 

I use wired connection when I can for work laptop.With home schooling and working from home, this is becoming really depressing. 

Any advice would be appreciated 

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: dropping connection No Ranging Response receive

@Anm1234 wrote:

I am receiving regular Critical errors and regular lost connections on my V3 box. I have issues since last year. I have had a site visit upgraded my package and tried the booster route. 

I use wired connection when I can for work laptop.With home schooling and working from home, this is becoming really depressing. 

Any advice would be appreciated 

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-

A handful of these doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a significant issue... can you post the contents of the upstream, downstream and full network log back here (it will need splitting across  multiple posts) some bright people will take a look at it I’m sure and let you know if there’s anything obviously wrong...

0 Kudos
Anm1234
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help with this. I appreciate your time. I guess this is a common issue and Virgin’s line is expect to have an issue which would seem to be a poor response to problems raised by customers. 

The support line automatic test said I had a fault and my kit then restarted. I then spoke to support who kept telling me it was a WiFi fault and my speed was fine so that’s all they guarantee.

I am getting a red flashing phone light on the router again now. 

They couldn’t see my devices so they mentioned 4 or five times that I must have a router or other devices plugged in preventing their access. They seemed more focused on saying 9/10 issues were down to other things being plugged in rather than listening to me issues. 

I don’t have anything other than one hardwired connection to my laptop. 

Virgin have been keen for me to upgrade my services but less keen on resolving these issues. 

I know lots of people who don’t have any issues with their virgin service and at other properties my experience has been solid. 

I would look at upgrading to the higher package and getting a new hub as they suggest if I hadn’t been up sold one upgrade already without any improvement in service. I don’t believe I would be any further forward. I will do a pin reset as they suggest and see how I get on. 

I have ordered a data Sim through Smartly so at least I have a backup option for work during the day. 

tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yeah, upgrading whilst you have underlying issues doesn't generally result in a good outcome 🙂

in addition to posting the stats from the admin pages, it's also worth setting up a BQM to graph the performance of your connection from the outside..

the forum staff here are (IMHO) more helpful than the phone line (or at least seem to be!) but it takes a few days for them to respond usually.. and providing the data from the BQM + router stats will help them to establish whether or not you need an engineer visit.. 

0 Kudos
Anm1234
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had another two instances today when the router flashed and connection dropped. Both hardwired connections and WiFi dropped and the airfield light was flashing. It came back after 5 minutes. Last time was 6:30 pm

0 Kudos