cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device not discoverable on hub 5

mjones1106
Tuning in

Hi,

I have just upgraded to a Hub 5 and I am having trouble connecting a device to the wifi.

It was connected to the previous hub 3 no problem. I have set up the Hub with a private and a guest network but the device cannot see either of the networks. Every other device of mine and any visitor I have have found the 2 networks and have connected fine but this device simply cannot find the networks. It finds 3 of our neighbours networks but not our own.

Its located in an area with a very strong signal for the wifi showing on everyone elses devices that are connected.

I assumed it was an issue with the device so had an engineer come out from the company that installed it but said there is nothing wrong with it. He asked the question as to whether there are any settings within the modem/hub that can block a device from finding it.

Help needed please!!!!

18 REPLIES 18

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
You haven't mention what the "device" is. If it's a device that is set to WPA security and the Hub 5 is set to WPA2/WAP3; it won't work.

So that's something for you to look at.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

If it was set up to the wrong security would it not then even find the network let alone connect to it.

the device is an NSM juke box.

Page 57 of the user manual I've seen states that the device uses WPA or WEP security. In your first post you said that it cannot find the WiFi network. Two posts ago you said:

"If it was set up to the wrong security would it not then even find the network let alone connect to it.".

Perhaps you can check the manual for your specific version of the device and see if there's a WPA2 or WPA3 option. I'm not sure whether or not the Hub 5 offers WPA. The Hub 3 did.
Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

thanks for your help. I'll try to find out more about the security for the juke box connections

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update mjones1106,

Can I ask is the issue still present?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi,

Yes we are unable to change the device setting and since then we have had a laptpo that is unable to discover  either network.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for reaching back out, were you able to get more information on the Juke box website/ manual to fix your connection issue, in regards to the laptop which also cannot connect what make and model is it, can you cannot using an Ethernet?

Regards

Paul.

dobba
On our wavelength

Did you ever resolve this? I have one laptop that cant see my hub. Every other device works fine and the kaptop can see all other networks.