cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnection every few minutes

sym149
Joining in

I have been getting intermittent internet for over a week now and it seems to get progressively worse. The issue happens on all devices, both wired and wifi.

I have done a hard reset several times as instructed by VM support and also recently had an engineer over to replace the metal connector on the hub and wall. Unfortunately, nothing has helped.

Here's a broadband quality monitor graph:

My Broadband Ping - vm500

Is there anything else I can do to fix this issue?

10 REPLIES 10

lotharmat
Community elder
Woah - that's very nasty!

Have you checked 0800 561 0061 for any local issues?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

very nasty indeed! Can't get any work done.

Yes, I've checked this several times both online and with cs. No known issues.

Hopefully Forum staff will pick this up quickly or.
You could call it in as a fault on 150
It'll ask you to reboot the hub (as you already have done - don't)
You will then be cut off
Wait a couple of minutes
Call 150 again - report a broadband fault - The system will recognise that you called before and transfer you to a person!

In the meantime - a VIP may see this and flag it for forum staff to pick up!

I'd call it in though to cover all bases!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi sym149,

Thank you for coming back to us via our community, I have been able to view your account with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us and a technician has been arranged, please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Paul.

sym149
Joining in

I've had two engineers come over and change the wiring inside but the issue still persists. The third engineer is booked to replace the wiring outside, but I was told that would take at least a months time, no later than September. I have been using my mobile data for work as it's my only option. Very disappointed with Virgin.

Hi @sym149,

If you have an engineer visit scheduled to go ahead then I'd advise waiting for that to go ahead so they can carry out some further checks and fixes for you.

If the current date that the visit is scheduled for isn't ideal for you, you can check and reschedule this (subject to availability) via your My Virgin Media online account.

Keep us posted with this and how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

sym149
Joining in

An engineer came on the 20th of August but was unable to change the wiring outside. According to the engineer, the hole where the cable comes from was flooded and needs permission from Thames water to fix.

The next appointment is scheduled for the 20th of September so another month of poor service...Great.

This is what I'm dealing with on daily basis:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a5d405377019e66bc13718c908dfb3a5e2... 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sym149

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know how it went with the engineer. I'm really sorry to hear that they were unable to change the wiring outside.

Apologies for the impact this is having on your service, that BQM does not look good at all 😞

Have you raised a complaint regarding this?

Kind regards,

Serena

hi, 

yes, several actually. I normally get a response saying an engineer will come and visit to fix the issue and then the case is closed. But since the issue hasn't been fixed after numerous visits, I just have to make a complaint again. I don't think it's of any help if I'm honest.