Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

complaint process - ignoring the customer

So after some godawful customer service, and a number of hour long calls, I receive a letter telling me Virgin have tried to get in touch (news to me). I'm told to text a number with my complaint reference, which I duly do. I provide the relevant information by text and am told let me look at your account and i'll be back as quickly as I can. That was over 3 weeks ago, with no further responses by text. I've tried to phone them but you cant speak with the complaints handling team unless they ring you. - In what way is that a complaints process, how is ignoring me supposed to resolve matters?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint process - ignoring the customer

They have 8 weeks to handle complaints

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is it typical to send a text saying they will get back to you as quickly as they can in the middle of that process? admittedly i'm only at week 5 from the initial complaint now, but its normal for large companies to try and reverse the issues that caused the complaint, not reinforce them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well complaint etc. are on-hold or delayed with OFCOM and CISAS so it’s feasible yes. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike777777,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting on the community forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the overall experience you have had and that you haven't yet heard back from your complaint. Can you please tell me what your complaint is about and how I can help?

I'd recommend taking a look at our Complaints Code of Practice for more information in regards to our complaint's process. This Code lets you know how to take a complaint further, if you need to and our time scales in providing a resolution. It covers the phone, broadband and TV service provided to you by Virgin Media Ltd, and the mobile service provided to you by Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd.

Let me know,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thanks for getting in touch. I recently moved house, and let virgin know. We agreed a date to install services at the new property, which given I am working from home I could make work by using my annual leave. The friday before the installation was confirmed 3 times by text, and with a phone call. It didn't go ahead, because Virgin booked it on a bank holiday without realising, and the council couldn't do their bit. It took more than 2 weeks of chasing various people through different call centres to eventually get it installed.

During those numerous phone calls I received many different messages, and was promised different actions to improve matters, the vast majority of which never happened, and occasionally the notes on my file were not even updated following a call. As a result I pretty much never got a call back.

Due to these significant failings in customer service, and how I was treated, this was raised as a complaint. I received a letter on the 3rd of june saying that virgin had tried to get in touch, and that I should text the number if I still wanted this resolved. I did this, and once they confirmed my details by text I was told 'let me have a look at your account and i will be back as quickly as i can' - that was on the 9th of June. I have heard nothing back and have since texted the number again, and phone your helpline, but not been able to speak to someone regarding the outstanding complaint.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming the situation Mike777777, apologies for delayed installation at your new home, and any frustration caused with the handling of your complaint. 

I wouldn't have expected you to not receive a reply for so long, so I'd like to take a look and see what the status of the complaint is  and see if we can help push things along.

Please look out for my PM requesting some details (the purple envelope) and get back to me when you can so we can investigate further.

Tom

0 Kudos