Menu
candy_67
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

cant reset to factory settings

Hi

Do i have to contact virgin media, or can a moderator order a new hub for me.

Had this hub now for well over 2yrs, but need to reset to factory settings

Tried a pin, cocktail stick and even the tool you get with a mobile phone for the sim card, but it wont reset at all, just reboots with original settings.

Am pressing the reset hole really hard for 30 seconds, then turning hub off, but wen it reboots still the same settings.

Its not in modem mode, and have tried to reset it approx 5 times

thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: cant reset to factory settings

Try again - leave it for 60 seconds then DON'T restart it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
candy_67
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply

will try again and wont restart it, it actually says on virgin website to poke the reset hole, then to turn it off then back on oh well i can only try

If that doesnt work, i noticed a reset to factory setting in the hub's settings, will that do the same if the reset button doesn't work?

thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
candy_67
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

well have reset to factory setting but this hasn't solved my problem

everything was fine running great until i upgraded my package to vvip boosted

all the extras i have got, upgraded tv and broadband speed

but wireless speed has dropped, but the main one is that my ring doorbell app wont connect through wireless

i can connect to the app via mobile data, i went to my daughters and used her wifi and i could connect to the ring app

So its definately a problem with virgin.

as its bank holiday and i didn't want to get offshore, i thought i would reset hub to factory settings to see if that worked as i would probs be told to do that anyway

But nope still low wireless speed, and still cant connect to ring app.  Again today was my daughters who is on virgin and could connect to the ring app using her wifi

any ideas folks!!!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did you NOT restart it though or let it do that through doing th reset through the Hub settings?
If you did.. reset again with a paperclip and DONT restart.
If it doesnt then work just call it in and get a replacement

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
candy_67
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes i didn't press it long enough when resetting

reset to factory settings, but things still the same still cant access the ring app through wireless

went to my daughters and tried on her virgin wifi and yes i can access the app through her wireless internet.

Phoned up virgin and got a nice young idiot of a chap who said well since u can access the app through your mobile data cant you just use that, erm..... nope unless he wants to ring virgin mobile and get my free unlimited data to do this!!!!

he put me through to 2nd line techs, and basically said that there is no problem with my internet and that it is my mobile phone thats the problem, he wouldn't have it that it worked in my daughters,or through mobile data, just telling me there is no problems their end but could put me through to 3rd party hardware/software problems but they will charge me

So went to argos, bout a giga lan router, put hub into modem mode and hey presto i can now access the ring app and my wireless doorbell is not working but has cost me £60 quid to do this, wen it was working perfectly before the upgraded me

Hey ho thats virgin for u

thanks everyone for the help

0 Kudos