Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot connect smart tv to wifi

try and connect my new polaroid tv to the wifi it finds my network modem but when I put the password in it says authentication failed. All my other devices are connected ok. Any ideas how to solve this please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot connect smart tv to wifi

Try connecting it by ethernet cable first and see if that works.

What Hub model do you have (on it's base sticker)?

Is the new TV capable of using the 5GHz wifi band or is it 2.4GHz only and how close to the Hub is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

i tried the Wetherby cable and that connects fine. I tried using a hotspot through my iPhone but this did exactly the same saying authorisation failed. Spoke to technical support at Asda and they think it could be a fault with the built in WiFi in the tv. They are sending me a new tv next week so I will see how that goes.

i think the hub is a a 3 by the way. I tried both the standard one and the 5GHZ and neither worked 

thanks for the help 

Dave 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK - if the new TV still wont connect on the wifi, come back and we cant try other things.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos