cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling engineer

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

OK, so, last night, internet went down, hub flashing green light, no internet. Status pages said no problems.Used the 'diagnostics app on my mobile, and did a reset, checked cables, etc, powered off/on again, (following the instructions by diagnostics), no joy. App then says we need an engineer, and proceeds to book one for Thursday 18th, 12-4pm slot.

This morning, it appears there was an outage problem in our area, that was due to be sorted by midday. signed up for the text updates, and, just before midday, received 3 messages (yes, 3!) within the space of 5 mins stating the problem was fixed, and the engineer appt had been cancelled. 

All well and good, (so I thought!), now, I have received 2 texts stating that an engineer will be visiting tomorrow, 18th between 12-4 pm, despite having had messages saying otherwise.

Now, logging into my account, and checking on the 'orders and appointments' page, it appears there is no engineer booked? Yet, just a few moments ago, another text saying the engineer booked for 18th will be with you between 12 and 4!!

Can a mod PLEASE check to see if there IS still an engineer booked, and if so, cancel them, as the problem was an area fault..  as it appears VM's systems do not talk to each other!! 

I do NOT want a £25 'fee' because VM cannot co-ordinate their systems...

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is there still a known issue ? If there is - all tech visits get auto-cancelled.

Check in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Already done that on both suggested places, and no problems in the area at all, (there was one this morning, but as mentioned, signed up for updates, and have multiple messages to phone stating it's sorted, and arranged engineer cancelled) 

All services are working as they should, but have STILL got texts stating engineer will be with you 18th between 12-4pm!!

Just need confirmation from a mod that engineer has been cancelled, as per message. Not going to wait in to see if an engineer turns up, when NOT NEEDED.. I have better things to do.

VM needs to get it's act together and COMMUNICATE between it's departments, and it's customers!!

NO WAY I am paying £25 if an engineer turns up, as I have no way of cancelling him..

Hi @HughJarsee, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry for any concerns the engineer text message notifications were causing you.  We've checked from our side and can see that your issue appears to be resolved.  Please do get back to us, if you feel this is not the case?  Remember, you can cancel or amend appointments here.

Regards

Lee_R