Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

cable repull

Hi,

I have been without internet since 29/05/19 I booked an engineer through phone he came out today and told me the cable that leads out into the street I live in from my house is damaged and that a repull is needed someone I think it's construction is coming out on 13/06/19 could you please tell me will the repull be done on that day and will it restore connection not good going without internet for that amount of time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: cable repull

no-one will 100% know until the construction team come out.
it may be simple re-pull, or there may be duct damage which could delay things further.

all you know for certain at the moment is that you definitely won't have internet until at least 13/06.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it's just a Little frustrating connection Been dripping and restoring by itself for months now and just last week the connection seemed to just give up not to sure what a repull is or of its a big job just hoping the situation is resolved soon 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

it means the cable that runs from your house to the street cabinet is damaged and they need to pull a new cable thru.

now, it could just be a simple cable break, and thus a simply cable repull and everything is OK.
or, the cable could have been damaged due to duct damage etc, and this they would need to clear or fix that damage first before they could then repull a new cable.

they won't know until they get there and see what the score is.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully just something simple but ill know More once they come out on the 13th maybe they'll tell me what's going on in more detail, thanks for your reply been very helpful 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bear in mind that it's a 2-stage process: there's a 2-man team to pull the cable from the cabinet and a day (or more) later a technician to connect it to your home.
--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't mind if it's a two stage process as long as the construction team come out do the job and fill me in on what's happening cause I've Little clue as this has never happened before although I did ask the guy today if it would be done in 1 Day he said yes so not sure what to make of that now very confused as to what the process involves in carrying out a repull as well I'll just have to wait and see what happens

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ciarant67,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear this. 

I will private message you so I can take a look at this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos