Menu
stevesmithy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

broadband dropping

Our broadband is really inconsistent on a daily basis. It will regularly drop off or slow right down. If my wife takes a teams call, my connection will end. It happens at between 5-10 times a day and causes no end of frustration within the house. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband dropping

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
stevesmithy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, I don't have wires. I do have TP links but even taking them out of the equation, its still poor. 

0 Kudos
PaulT1234
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a similar issue, the whole internet just stops for 10-15 seconds ant random points in the day but then works without dropping at 3am, wireless and ethernet, i've tested ethernet cables and they are fine, every time i try get in touch on the phone they put the phone down on me, getting sick now.

PaulT1234
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Maybe i should just take an axe to the cable box outside and that would get me an engineer out? It's nothing that we have changed in the house same setup 5+ years but issue only happening in the last 10 days.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@PaulT1234 wrote:

Maybe i should just take an axe to the cable box outside and that would get me an engineer out? It's nothing that we have changed in the house same setup 5+ years but issue only happening in the last 10 days.

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
PaulT1234
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yeah both, but as i said earlier it starts working fine during the night, usually 3am-7am.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@PaulT1234 wrote:

Yeah both, but as i said earlier it starts working fine during the night, usually 3am-7am.

Best to start your own thread

stevesmithy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I did wonder if its something to do with the actual cables Im using? I replaced the old ones with some Amazon Choice ones but still having the same issues. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

What cables have you replaced? The white coax cable?

0 Kudos