Menu
Steree
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

broadband connection

I am having to continuesly turn off and back on my virgin router as it keeps dropping the internet connection. I have tried swapping between 2G and 5G but this hasn't improved the problem. I have also ran the system test from the virgin web site but this is telling me that there is no fault.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband connection

Is it the internet connection that is dropping or just the wifi connection to it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Steree
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think it is the Wifi connection it is dropping because when i do get connected and have run the test i says there is no fault found 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steree, 

Thanks for your post, are you still having issues with the WiFi since you posted on Wednesday?

Have you tried downloading our connect app here it will allow you to test each room for WiFi blackspots. 

Let me know how you get on. 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Steree
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am still having major issues with the connection. I had to unplug the router numerous times over the last week as I keep losing the internet connection and speed to all my devices. It starts with losing the 5g connection and shortly after that the 2g drops and at that point I have to restart everything. I think we have had the router (super hub 2) since we upgraded to broadband years ago so not sure if the router is passed its best

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steree,

Sorry for the delayed reply and the broadband issues.

How's things since posting? 

You've said you're on a hub 2, which we can replace with our hub 3. I'll pop you a quick PM now to get some details.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos