Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

boosters

Hi..used app to check and confirm bad wifi in two bedrooms but when trying to order a booster I just get the oops! and there seems to be no way of checking on availability of boosters on the website!I am on big bundle mixit tv. any ideas?

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: boosters

Get your own better booster or mesh system rather than a cheap rental device. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Be aware that new boosters are now currently only supplied "free" if you have the Hub4. if so they are worth trying. If not, they will add a £3/mo charge and they aren't. The maths say you would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better quality, wireless equipment with the Hub in modem mode.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

many thanks..so so much for virgin wifi..glad I changed!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you want good reliable wifi in all parts of your property you should never rely on any wfi Hub from any BB supplier - they all buy the cheapest mass produced ones that have limitations.

In over 20 years I have never used an ISP's wifi - always used the Hub in modem mode and my own good quality wireless equipment that I can use with any provider I choose to go with.

But it's your choice of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Kiliedog wrote:
many thanks..so so much for virgin wifi..glad I changed!

Virgin don’t sell WiFi. They sell a connection to your home.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos