Menu
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

blocked

could not get logged in to community blocked for using vpn says ip address used for spam, the ip is proton vpn  however it did log in if I switch of vpn, the ip changes each time depending on server connected and country varies, yet I can log into virginmedia no problem with same vpn.

Iam doing free trial of vpn to see how it works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: blocked

Maybe ditch the trial VPN?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

community works with vpn this morning so it may just have been the randomly chosen connection ip which changes depending on links through vpn.

the free trial only has a day to run and transfers to an inferior free service after that, so may ditch it then.

no problems with vm account just community log in must be sensitive to ip address.

thanks for advice, not sure if vpn is of any value to me in terms of security supposed to protect your ip address by substituting another ip address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't have much knowledge about protonVPN because i never used it before, often many VPN provider's gives free trail but not provide their all salient features. hence i recommend Surfshark free trial which give's you all salient features during trial period.