Menu
foreverangelic
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

best way to enable consistant wifi /no lagging

Hi all,

Apologies in advance any type of technology throws me, but in my sons bedroom he constantly loses connection to wifi or gaming is always lagging, we have wifi boosters which are not effectively overcoming this problem, whats the best way around sorting this problem? 

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: best way to enable consistant wifi /no lagging

There are lots of options - but first - any serious internet gamer would connect by ethernet cable. Is that possible - can you easily run a cable from the Hub to your son's bedroom?

What is the wifi like in the rest of your property? Do you have anything connected on ethernet cable - if so - how do they perform.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
foreverangelic
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: best way to enable consistant wifi /no lagging

Hi John

Thanks for your reply and apologies for delay in responding

The hub is downs stairs and sons bedroom is upstairs on the opposite side of the house, it would probably be possible to do this for him.  My other son has the same problem also , though but his bedroom is at the back of the house (so not so easy to run/disguise wires)  As far as i know my husband has used ethernet cable from the boosters in their rooms to the x boxes.

Only other thing connected on ethernet cable is the TV. WIFI runs good in the living room but temperamental in kitchen/diner. 

Thanks

Vanessa

0 Kudos