cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ageing technology for new members

wickermonkey
Joining in

Why is it that as a new customer virgin broadband I've been sent ageing technology that existing customers are being updated away from. I even get a caution/error message in windows 11 that I might not have a secure connection due to old security. Mind you I'm ok because it just doesn't work so I'm getting billed for a month of no internet anyway

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

What have you been sent?  Some other customers are likely on premium packages paying more per month?

Regarding the security issue - have you changed the settings as described Here 

One reason a ‘lower’ security setting is there by default is to cater for legacy devices that some users have.

In what way is it not working?  Can you elaborate.

To be honest if you want newer and better wireless kit you’re probably better off buying your own and using the hub in modem mode.  That’s what many of us ‘existing customers’ do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

"might not have a secure connection"  - this might suggest a Hub WiFi connection where security needs to be set to WPA2-PSK only.