Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

accessing ethernet hard drive via hub4.0

I seem to be having problems with accessing my Western Digital MyCloud ethernet hard drive connected to hub 4 using windows explorer LAN on windows10 ... and to top it all I have reset to the factory settings/default username/password on the base andeg attached I cant access the hub at all now.. IVE GOT the www. Early symptoms jpg attached!:

hub4.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: accessing ethernet hard drive via hub4.0

On my WD drive it needs to be connected through a >> Switch <<, it won't work through the Hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A simple switch setup ...

WD-LAN-Drive

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It worked with Hub3.0. Set factory reset press at back and I cannot access http://192.168.0.1 portal with the default password at base of hub

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Agree with Mike, any local network devices should be connected via a switch.  It's better practice to have your local LAN traffic on the switch, than having to go via your Hub 3.  

0 Kudos