Menu
dazd
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Zoom - unstable internet on a 1gig connection

Hi everyone

I've had a search about this on here but most are talking about the hub being used with other devices like MESH or other modes like the modem mode.

Most of the time I jump on a Zoom call, there are a few times the video pauses and Zoom says I have an unstable internet connection but I can't figure out why.

I have the 1gig connection and I'm sitting a few feet from the hub. On a Samknows test I have 1073Mbps to the hub and 557Mbps from hub to the laptop (wifi).

I'm running Zoom on an M1 Macbook Pro and using the Apple Silicon version of Zoom.

Yet I'm still getting intermittent "Unstable internet connection" messages and freezing video.

Any ideas? Is this a Zoom issue or a VM issue?

I sometimes have whole calls without an issue then sometimes I could be 15 minutes into a call and it starts happening. So frustrating LOL

Thanks for any help/suggestions

Daz

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Zoom - unstable internet on a 1gig connection

Try with a wired connection instead 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
dazd
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Zoom - unstable internet on a 1gig connection

Just ordered a USB C to Ethernet adapter, I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks
0 Kudos