Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yoyo speeds

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues as me ? I joined virgin a few months ago with the promise of “ uninterrupted blistering speeds “ what a complete an utter load of garbage, i was promised that it would not drop below 100mbps but most days its not even half that , i have phoned about 15 times , had 2 engineers out , spoke to countless foreign call centres , which being scottish most struggle even more to understand what i am saying which is incredibly difficult and frustrating, I keep getting told everything is ok your getting 110 mbps but some days it takes a minute to load a website , i have had another router installed but exactly the same issues , the wifi box doesnt even reach the other end of the house the signal strength to put it mildly is absolutely abysmal .... out of 10 id give it a 2 star , i would get treble the distance with bt , i have fibre right through the line I honestly dont know why it runs so slow at times it should be lightning quick for what we have in here , even just me in myself on my phone it glitches, they keep telling me to turn off my router an reset it im sick to the back teeth of having to do this every day im honestly about to explode, is there any way to leave my contract ? I cannot keep Continuing this way ps even my apps have stopped giving me status or hotspots stuff , when i showed the engineer what it says he says “ thats nothing to do with us we dont deal with that “ i have an underlying issue somewhere and no one is listening please help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yoyo speeds

Are you testing speeds over a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mainly wifi , but i sit about 3 metres from the router , some days my daughters tv runs slow or her ipdad , the sky box is connected by ethernet directly to the router and even its slow , was faster on BT and it was only 40mbps at its absolute best and that wasnt even fibre right through the line like my virgin Line just now ,  it was only to the cabinet 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You need to speedtest wired direct to the hub.

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed as part of your contract. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos