Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yellow light hub 3 no WiFi

Hi,

I’m without WiFi since this morning. I’ve been through the circus rights that are the Virgin site and the app to no avail. 
My Hub 3 is displaying a solid yellow base light and I’ve got no internet with work deadlines looming. How do I call an engineer out or get a new Hub sent out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yellow light hub 3 no WiFi

Which of these is it doing: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-no-wifi-connection-hub3

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yellow power light is on

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you done a pinhole reset?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’ve done the pinhole reset

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'll flag this for the forum staff.  The Yellow Light Of Doom even after a reset usually means the hub is kaput, and you'll need a new one.  The forum staff can get that sorted for you, and it'll be just as quick but a whole lot less stressful than trying to contact VM by phone.  But it may take a day or so for them to pick up and respond due to high workload at the moment. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately it'll probably take a few days, even a week to get a new hub, so if you've got work deadlines coming up, then your options are to use a phone as a mobile hotspot (and if needed and possible, temporarily increase the data allowance?), which if the signal's OK can often be fine for general work requirements.  Or, if your neighbours are near enough and nice enough, you might ask if you can use a guest wifi connection on their internet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I’ll try my phone and will await a response from a Virgin staff member re a new hub replacement. Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to our Community forum ffookeer and sorry to hear about your WiFi and yellow that's affecting your internet usage. I've managed to find your details using the information we have on here and can see that there are some high upstream and low downstream power levels on a few channels which will require an engineer visit. I've booked the visit for the soonest available date and you may find the details via your online account  where you can re-arrange it if necessary. I'm aware that you may have deadlines but you can also check via your online account to see if there are any cancellations.

Thanks,

Lisa

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa,

Thank you. I cannot seem to find the engineer visiting time on My Account can you help please?

0 Kudos