Menu
markn1042
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yellow Power Light on Hub 3.0

Hi,

I am getting intermittent and slow wifi connections with my Tivo, SMART tv's, Android box (pretty much all Wi-Fi devices). The Power light on my Hub used to be white but now shows constant yellow. Tried restarting and factory reset several times with no change.

Called Virgin Team and they say there is no problem, therefore nothing can be done.

Anyone else had this problem and resolved it?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Yellow Power Light on Hub 3.0

You need a replacement hub.  As the LED is also the overheating indicator, it's a safety problem if it cannot be relied upon.  I'll flag this for the forum staff to advise on a resolution. 

The clowns on the end of the telephone really shouldn't be giving out inaccurate advice in this manner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
markn1042
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. I had used their online troubleshooting and after a factory reset it suggested you contacted them. When I did i was told that because I could connect to the Internet (although not at all times) there was no fault, and the light didnt mean anything!!!

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The yellow LED is not for any stated functional mode for the hub, so on its own it is a defect.  On a practical level, yellow LED's reported here do seem heavily correlated with poor or no connection.  And as said, it's a safety fault if the displayed colour is incorrect.

So long as the hub isn't evidently overheating then you're probably OK to keep using it until a replacement is sorted, but I'd not leave it on overnight myself.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello markn1042

I have been asked to look at this after @Andrew-G had escalated it.

Sorry you got no change from our Customer Service Team when you called 

I have got your details off the Forum and arranged for a replacement hub to be sent out 

This will be with you in the next 5 days or so 

It will be pre activated so its just a matter of plugging it in waiting for it to settle down and bingo your back on line 

Can you let me know how you get on 

Gareth_L

markn1042
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your reply. I am new to this forum and don't quite get how it works yet. Can you please explain how you obtained my details? The Virgin account is in my wife's name (on which I am authorised) and I did not supply any details when signing up for the forum. I don't understand how you can send me a new hub?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The IP address that you were on to join the Forums, shows up here markn1042

We can trace Hub details that way 

Its used to check on power levels, faults etc 

That way then enables us to order a replacement Hub if needed 

Or book an engineer.

Gareth_L

markn1042
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth,

Any reason why you have downgraded my Hub to a Super Hub 2? I currently have a Hub 3 and I know that Hub 4 is also being made available.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @markn1042,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I'm very sorry to hear that a Super Hub 2 has been sent as a replacement to your Hub 3. This is something I can look into sorting out for you. I'll just drop you a pm to get some more details, just look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page 🙂

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos