Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Yellow Base LED and Poor Coverage

Hi. I have a yellow Base LED (it has always been that way). Whilst trying to troubleshoot another issue I came across several comments saying that the Base LED should be white! Do I have a fault and could this be contributing to very poor coverage in two parts of the house (never had a coverage problem with my Sky router which was located in exactly the same place in the house)? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yellow Base LED and Poor Coverage

It can also be yellow and have no major issue:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yellow Base LED and Poor Coverage

Our guesses about what causes the "yellow light" syndrome vary, and sometimes include problems of broadband connectivity and dropouts, but none of these different ideas really link to limited range of wifi.  That's more likely to be the hub's inherently weak wifi, and (as long as there's no broadband or router problem) the fix is usually to buy yourself a reasonable mesh wifi system, or for a smaller property a standalone router.  I'll vouch for the TP-Link Deco M4 mesh simply because that's what I use and it has been very impressive, but there's plenty of other options.  Most are more expensive, if cost is an option then the Tenda Nova MW3 is worthy of consideration.  

Before getting your wallet out, it is worth doing a pinhole reset of the router and seeing how that goes - it will take it back to the out-of-box setup, and if that doesn't help, posting your hub's Network log, Upstream and Downstream data as formatted text in replies here, so that someone can take a look for any contributory broadband faults.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos