cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Strict NAT - UPnP Unsuccessful

CoryMcG
Tuning in

Hi - As from the subject line above you can probably guess that I'm having some networking issues with my Xbox stuck on a Strict NAT & UPnP being unsuccessful. 

My current network is as follows --> ISP Router [Hub 4 in Modem Mode] --> Netgear RAX70 Router --> Connected Devices [ Phone | Xbox | Etc ]

I'm sure I've tried every solution I can think of and found scouring the internet for the same issue

- Hard Reset on both ISP Router | 3rd Party Router & Xbox 

- Port Forwarding - Tried with both UPnP enabled and disabled

- DMZ set up - Tried with both UPnP enabled and disabled

- Changed ethernet cables incase this is an issue 

- Turned UPnP off and reset & Turned back on and Reset. 

unfortunately none of the above was able to resolve my issue. I resorted to calling up VM this morning however the adviser on the other side was unable to offer any solutions and advised to keep my VMHub 4 in router mode whilst connected to my 3rd party router [ Pretty sure this could cause further issues!?!?] and then after half hour of back and forth was advised that they could instead transfer me to a specialized team however there is a transfer costs of £9.99?

Does anyone else have any insight or able to throw any suggestions my way I'd be greatly appreciative!

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

DMZ without Port Forwarding or UPnP enabled should of worked maybe you put in the wrong LAN IP for your Xbox?

Their might be a NAT setting you need to change called NAT Filtering 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure - I tried all of the combinations I could think of but to no avail.

Been busy this morning messing around with it and decided to do a full reset and connect each ethernet device 1 by 1 and have came to the conclusion that one of the connected devices I have [ Kantar | BarbTvPanel box ] is causing the NAT issue and somehow effecting UPnP - from my knowledge the equipment that they set up acts as a medium to collect telemetry data via sound from whatever I'm watching & broadcasts this one way or another to their systems