Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Disconnecting Constantly

Open NAT - Static IP - Port forwarded to IP - DMZ enabled to IP - Firewall Off - Tried UPNP On & Off - Tried Wired & Wireless

With everything under the sun my Xbox will always lose connection to the internet. I was with BT last month and it never dropped. Joined VM and now I'm dropping out a few times a day.

Link to my BQM - https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e8cc8d7553647408ccb78eb24c3b1c2ad7...

I called VM and they said everything checks out their end with up and down stream channels. All running fine with no noise. Even my router status says that everything is normal..... Am I missing something? Surely I have to be, why would I always drop out if the correct steps are done?

----
My BQM
----
My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 200M
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox Disconnecting Constantly

Try a different network cable?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

Try a different network cable?

I tried that and no effect. Now my Xbox is saying it has a strict NAT. Both wired and wireless. I'm totally baffled and need help before i throw this router out the window!

----
My BQM
----
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

reboot the hub.

You might also need to network reset the Xbox. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you set the port selection to manual to choose a port yourself as if the console is set to auto select for port selection it can sometimes put the Nat to strict.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey @MattBeasley,

I can see from your account that you've had an engineer visit recently, has this visit fixed all of the issues that you've been having?

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey @MattBeasley,

I can see from your account that you've had an engineer visit recently, has this visit fixed all of the issues that you've been having?

Regards

Steven_L 

Hi Steven,

I cancelled the visit as the issue was fixed when switching to Wifi connection. I didn't want to waste an engineers time. It might just be a bad cable, but i used this same cable last month with BT. So I will have to do some digging on my own.

----
My BQM
----
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem @MattBeasley.

If you need any more help we're here, just let us know. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos