cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Superhub delivered

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

Hello could I get some help. I ordered a Superhub 5 and was told it be delivered today. I got a parcel and opened it and I received a Superhub 4 which I already have. This is very frustrating. I called customer service and the guy was very unprofessional he put the phone down on the table for over 10 minutes to which I was shouting to get his attention to which he finally picked up and said we have none and said sorry.

But I was originally told they are available and that's what I ordered.

Could someone help me please.

------------------------------------------------------------

My services: Ultimate Volt bundle
TV: Kids Pick, Maxit TV, Sky Sports UHD, Cinema & Entertainment 4K, 1x 360 Box, 2x 360 Mini Box, Netflix Premium, Disney+
Broadband: Volt Gig1, SH5 + 3 Pods.
Phone: Talk More Anytime, Mobile: 4x 02 Sims + Volt Benefits.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hub5 is a year or two old, but with ships stuck in the Suez canal, Covid shutting Chinese factories, shortages in microchip supplies, astronomical price of rare earth metals, strikes in the UK transport system, changes to import rules, , etc etc... its not surprising they are scarce at the moment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They seem to be still only giving Hub5's to new 1GB customers (preserving supplies) anyone upgrading to 1GB whilst on a Hub4 will still have to use the Hub4 for the time being.

Or was there another reason for ordering it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

okay so its still very new?

its just lot of my devices are using Wi-Fi 6 and would really like increased speeds to those devices. I'm on the 1gb service which is another incentive to want my devices using the max speed as possible. I currently have the superhub 4 in modem mode with orbi 753 for the Wi-Fi. i know its a good Wi-Fi system but all the extra charges are extremely off putting like a subscription for parental controls then another for the security software. i was hoping to get the superhub 5 and some of the mesh pods and sell my currently Wi-Fi system.

TV: Kids Pick, Maxit TV, Sky Sports UHD, Cinema & Entertainment 4K, 1x 360 Box, 2x 360 Mini Box, Netflix Premium, Disney+

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hub5 is a year or two old, but with ships stuck in the Suez canal, Covid shutting Chinese factories, shortages in microchip supplies, astronomical price of rare earth metals, strikes in the UK transport system, changes to import rules, , etc etc... its not surprising they are scarce at the moment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there PIXX3L5,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about the mess up in delivery, can I ask did you receive any confirmation of a Hub 5 order?

Regards,

Kain

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

Yes via webchat on your website, they said they made the order for it and it's sent on its way. My name as been on the list for 6 months

I was on M500 with Hub 3. Called to cancel and instead ended up upgrading to Gig1, specifically asking about getting the Hub 5. Was told I would get it. 

Today they just delivered the Hub 4, and customer services says there's none in stock. Is there any way I can get the hub 5? It was a key reason for upgrading as I have WiFi 6 devices. 

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength
Same here and also the mesh functionally.
Its hugely frustrating being lied to, when i have all there top tier packages and been with them since 1998 and yet get treated like this.

PIXX3L5
On our wavelength

Could you DM me I need to sort out a return of the superhub 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@s604567 wrote:

I was on M500 with Hub 3. Called to cancel and instead ended up upgrading to Gig1, specifically asking about getting the Hub 5. Was told I would get it. 

Today they just delivered the Hub 4, and customer services says there's none in stock. Is there any way I can get the hub 5? It was a key reason for upgrading as I have WiFi 6 devices. 

Just another lie by the sales person to get someone to sign up for an upgrade.

I'd call that gaining money by false pretences, but a lawyer would probably have a more appropriate name for it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.