Menu
dissapointedtoo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Worst Service provider I have ever been involved with!

My Service started 6th March all Was well for 2 weeks, approx 20th March it goes downhill, since that the broadband is 90 - 99% unusable! What and why am I paying for this? an engineer came out and confirmed the issue wasn't inside the house or out to the roadside connection, asked how long it's going to take to get fixed shrugs shoulders and no one can tell me! I am livid over this we have 3 home workers in this household, and I'm having to pay talk talk to cover my unstable broadband! This is ridiculous. Told by the telephone support no right to compensation as its not total loss of service which I now have data to show it was and quite regularly is!

Is anyone aware of how long I have to put up with this lack of service before I can walk away from this contract without fees or legally bound under its terms?

17th April

dissapointedtoo_2-1619038742438.png

18th April

dissapointedtoo_0-1619038557629.png

19th April

dissapointedtoo_1-1619038639393.png

I thought yesterday 20th it may have been fixed, how wrong.

dissapointedtoo_3-1619038850886.png

21st today

dissapointedtoo_4-1619038910397.png

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst Service provider I have ever been involved with!

By total loss of service they mean 48 hours consecutive not sporadically.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
dissapointedtoo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 37
Flag for a moderator

There are 4 days total loss of connectivity pictures posted above when the images are approved, its 100% dropped packets from 1030hrs 16th April through to 1420hrs 20th April which is double the requirement?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 37
Flag for a moderator

What hub do you have? And was the connection actually down?

The Hub3 has a known bug where it drops ICMP requests and it makes the BQM look like the connection is actually hard down.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
dissapointedtoo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 37
Flag for a moderator

It is an hub 3, if thats the case has a known bug where it drops ICMP requests and it makes the BQM look like the connection is actually hard down. how does it start monitoring for days on end showing regular drops/bouncing then a period of 4 days total down then suddenly looks fine for a few hours and then starts bouncing again? Surely if a bug it would be constant one way or the other

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Well when the BQM is red do you actually lose connection? Or are you just assuming so based on the BQM?

0 Kudos
Unknown67
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 37
Flag for a moderator

If you've got 3 home workers perhaps you should have signed up for a business account.

dissapointedtoo
Tuning in
Message 8 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Yes no broadband connection, Telephone and TV appears to work fine

0 Kudos
dissapointedtoo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I'm hoping they go back to offices shortly, and I've no need for a business account then! How would that account solve the current issue?

A business account, Why should I? I am paying for a service that isn't working. The Taltalk account isn't a business account either but that working without issue.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Because a residential service isn't suitable for home-working (per the T's and C's) and there is no SLA on fault fixes etc.

0 Kudos