Menu
Bloggi
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Working from home and wifi keeps dropping, but only on works PC

Hello,
I'm trying to get in touch with the Virgin Technical Department in order to get to the bottom of the connection issues I’ve been experiencing. The issues are only on my work's Computer whilst I’m currently at home, and always happen when their VPN (endpoint security) fails, i.e. I lose connection to it.

To clarify further this loss of connection only happens whilst using my works PC, and does not happen with my personal laptop that also has a VPN (IPVanish), where the connection is superb and rarely if ever drops.

I've been in touch with our Technical Department and they have asked me to contact my Broadband provider and arrange to "disable shield software".
I've been into the router settings and can't find anything by this name, either under “security” or even “advanced settings”, so I really need to speak to someone at Virgin to get to the bottom of this.

I'm guessing our Technical experts know what they are talking about, as I'm not the only VM customer using Wi-Fi, and we do employ thousands of staff.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please, so that I can discuss further with Virgin experts, or has anyone else experienced the same issue and managed to get a resolution that they can possibly share?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Working from home and wifi keeps dropping, but only on works PC

Login to your online account and disable childsafe and virussafe. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi