Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 21 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Work laptop keeps disconnecting

Thank you Sdrahcir,

Wired connection is no better. I've checked via My Hub and and it says the laptop is still connected to wifi. The laptop also says it is connected to my router but all the applications I'm logged into at work think that there is no internet connection.

It works ok using a O2 hotspot so it has to be a conflict between virgin and my employers network. I'll log another call with our internal IT. 

It was working ok up until about November and I've had problems since. This is the 2nd laptop with the same problem. Lots of colleagues use Virgin and none of them have a problem

Regards, Geem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geem, 

thank you for popping back I have done some remote checks and cannot find any issues. Are you able to post a live BQM graph so we can have a better idea of what's going on you can do so here

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 23 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie, I've done somw more testing and found that when I don't connect to the works network I can use the laptop (web browsing). I've logged a new call with our internal IT and they will investigate further next time I'm working from home. 

Kind Regards, Geem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 24 of 28
Flag for a moderator

@Geem wrote:

Thank you Sdrahcir,

Wired connection is no better. I've checked via My Hub and and it says the laptop is still connected to wifi. The laptop also says it is connected to my router but all the applications I'm logged into at work think that there is no internet connection.

It works ok using a O2 hotspot so it has to be a conflict between virgin and my employers network. I'll log another call with our internal IT. 

It was working ok up until about November and I've had problems since. This is the 2nd laptop with the same problem. Lots of colleagues use Virgin and none of them have a problem

Regards, Geem

Is it a Windows 10 machine with the October update installed (Winver 1909) that was actually released in November?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 25 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know Geem, 

Please keep us updated on how it goes 🙂

Cheers

Zoie

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 26 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's a windows 10 machine. No new updates are showing so I assume it's been updated. Strange thing is this issue started in Nov

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 27 of 28
Flag for a moderator

To check build follw these instructions ...

Windows Key + R

in the box bottom left of screen type winver then click OK

The pop up box will show you the Windows build version, then try Google site for that build number and the problems you are having.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 28 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Thank you 

0 Kudos