cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work VPN keeps cutting internet off

iamalexl
Just browsing

Hi,

Have been working from home for over a year now and using works VPN with VM internet throughout with no real issues. But yesterday I logged in to the VPN as I normally would and all worked fine for a minute or two, but then the internet just stopped working. I was then kicked off the VPN and the internet started working again. Logged back in to the VPN and the same thing happened, worked fine for a minute or two then cut out again. 

Have tried reboots, used Ethernet and Wifi, and had IT look at my Mac but nothing has fixed the issue. I will have to go back to working from the office if I can't get this working, and I really don't want to have to do that! 

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Cant help directly - but if you search this forum for "VPN" there are lots of threads where this is an issue for many users. Workarounds in the thread seem to be.... connect by ethernet cable - or put the Hub into modem mode and try on ethernet - or get your own wireless router. There may be other workarounds in other threads that might be helpful.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Disconnecting-frequently-using-VPN-s/m-p/43...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.