Menu
looq1988
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Work VPN blocked

I have been given a computer to work from home from the DWP. It's all set up and connected to the Wi-Fi but it I do not have internet access. It says "No internet, secured". So the Wi-Fi is there but I am unable to actually connect to the internet or work. Recommendation states to turn off "Child Safe" setting within the WebSafe options which I've done. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or any ideas on how to resolve it, as my colleagues have also been given the appropriate computer kit and are up and running smoothly at home?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Work VPN blocked

@looq1988 wrote:

I have been given a computer to work from home from the DWP. It's all set up and connected to the Wi-Fi but it I do not have internet access. It says "No internet, secured". So the Wi-Fi is there but I am unable to actually connect to the internet or work. Recommendation states to turn off "Child Safe" setting within the WebSafe options which I've done. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or any ideas on how to resolve it, as my colleagues have also been given the appropriate computer kit and are up and running smoothly at home?

Many thanks.

Try on a wired connection instead

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Search these Fora. Lots of threads that conclude that to sort VPN issues you should put the Hub into modem mode, get your own wifi router and connect to that on ethernet or wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Eeeps
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If it's saying no internet then you won't be able to connect the VPN.

If you can open a command prompt window (search for CMD)

The type IPConfig and post the results

0 Kudos