cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless not working

BunglePanda
Joining in

Hi.

We had a local power cut of some sort yesterday evening, and when the virgin hub (3, I think) restarted, we could not connect to the network wirelessly. I have gone through troubleshooting over and over - rebooting, resetting, waiting. Nothing. The one device that is connected with a cable is connected fine, so we are getting the Internet into the house. It just is not visible wirelessly to any of our devices. It has a solid pale orange light on.

I have called virgin several times but feel that I have been fobbed off. I am told there will probably be some local issue outside so the engineers will look into it, and if it isn't sorted tomorrow I am to call to arrange someone to come to the house. The problem is that this is a huge inconvenience, preventing me from being able to work from home as planned, and none of us can use anything while we wait for something that, let's face it  isn't going to be resolved. It seems clear to me that something in the router is failing, and a new router would solve it. But they won't entertain that idea until I have waited (needlessly).

Am I missing something here? It seems like it could have been solved by now, but being dragged out causing nothing but inconvenience.

Thanks.

Andy

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange one.  Have you checked for local area faults via the VM service status pages? It may well be that the power outage has knocked out your WiFi in some way in which case a new hub might be required. 

Thanks for your reply.

There has been nothing showing up as a known issue locally since it happened, despite that being the go-to answer from the people I spoke to at virgin. It seems almost certain that something in the hub has gone, but I can't persuade virgin of this. In the meantime, lots of waiting. Very frustrating!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to cover it off before others do the official hub reset method is here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub

Thanks. I have tried that, but would try again if I thought it would help.

Hi there @BunglePanda, thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you are having these ongoing issues with your wireless connection, I have checked things over on our system and can see that you have been in communication with the team since posting this.

Are you still experiencing the issues with the wireless connection now? If so let us know and we can help further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules