Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wired Booster as wireless booster

I am not sure how this all works but even with this limited info im sure somebody can help. I have a pair of boosters one big one small. The big is connected to the router and the small is connected to the my pc (ethernet via the mains). I want to use the boosters as a wirless booster, can I, remove the ethernet cable from my pc to small one. And just connect the pc to the small one via wifi, since the booster does both wireless and wired boosting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wired Booster as wireless booster

The small one needs to stay connected to the hub to work.

The larger one will emit a wifi signal and you can use the Ethernet port on it as well to provide a wired connection.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Do they look like this?

The smaller one should be plugged into the HUB and the larger one should be next to the devices that require wireless/wired in a 'blackspot' area.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am now confused sorry. I have a pair of boosters big and small. And a router. How do i configure them so that i can connect, via wifi, to the booster as the router is too far.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Jefe wrote:

I am now confused sorry. I have a pair of boosters big and small. And a router. How do i configure them so that i can connect, via wifi, to the booster as the router is too far.

Plug the small one into the HUB and the mains.

Plug the large one into the mains where the PC is. You can then connect the PC, or other devices, via wireless OR wired connection.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They look like that. When you say hub do u mean my wifi box/router? And just to clarify the small one is right next to the "hub" via ethernet. and the big one wherever i want to boost the signal and it just needs to be in the wall, no wires?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

sorry, is the hub my wifi box/router?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Jefe wrote:
sorry, is the hub my wifi box/router?

Yes.

Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Jefe wrote:
They look like that. When you say hub do u mean my wifi box/router? And just to clarify the small one is right next to the "hub" via ethernet. and the big one wherever i want to boost the signal and it just needs to be in the wall, no wires?

Correct. It sounds like you have them the other way round currently which is incorrect.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes, yes and yes

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi