Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Will upgrading from a Hub 3.0 to 4.0 give me better WiFi coverage in the house?

Will upgrading from a Hub 3.0 to 4.0 give me better WiFi coverage in the house? If so how do I got about getting one as my Dad was just cold called to upgrade for free!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will upgrading from a Hub 3.0 to 4.0 give me better WiFi coverage in the house?

No it wont do anything to improve the wifi signal/connectivity. If you want to improve the wifi the best way to do it is stick with the Hub you have. That's assuming it is working fine on ethernet cable connected devices - is it? If so then just invest in your own better quality wireless equipment

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will upgrading from a Hub 3.0 to 4.0 give me better WiFi coverage in the house?

No it won't (speaking from a much pained experience)

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos