cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Wifi Pods show split signals

monkeysuncle
Joining in

Hi 

Apologies if this is a duplicate post. I have jsut ordered WiFi Pods. 

At the moment I split my 2.4 and 5gz signal as I have a number of smart devices that only use 2.4

Will the WiFi Pods also broadcast the 2 seperate wifi signals (2.4 and 5) or does it only broadcast 1? and if so, which one?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Alessandro Volta

VM's Pods do not support split SSID.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @monkeysuncle,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

With regards to the WIFI Pod they work best when the WIFI network is joined together and not split. When it is split the Pod will still work but it will only be connected to one of the signals, which depends on which is stronger where you place the Pod. It will carry this signal around but won't be optimised or be the best it could be.

Joe

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Take a look at a RE450  AC1750 Wireless Repeater that will do dual band split SSID

Thanks, I have one of those at the moment. I was hoping the pods would do it with a mesh network so I could get rid of the TP Link. Even with the same SSIDs, the TP doesnt create a mesh so devices dont auto switch over to the TP Link broadcast.

Doesnt sound like it unfortunately. 

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Folks with VM Pods also mention their device is not connecting to the most local Pod, but again it is their device making that choice. The Pod just offer a Wi-Fi service.