Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wifi

Last night, went to put Netflix on and found no internet connection on smart tv. had a play with it this morning and managed to get connection back but even though connected it says no wifi. Chrome book playing up connecting too. Desktop absolutely fine as is connected by an ethernet cable, strangely enough yesterday I got a message saying my internet was being upgraded from 50meg to 100meg, and does seem faster.

Am assuming there is no connection between the two things, just a coincidence, but am wondering if the Virgin superhub 1 is starting to pack in. My account says I can have a free hub 3 but there seem to be a lot of negative comments about it

Any help much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi

What hub do you currently have?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Homehub 1
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean a super hub?

Can you confirm which one of these it is:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, sorry, it's superhub 1
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mysteriously the wifi improved and was able to use netflix last night plus chromebook worked OK
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@antonio111 wrote:
Mysteriously the wifi improved and was able to use netflix last night plus chromebook worked OK

The problem with WiFi is other wireless networks, and other external factors, can affect it.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The SH1 is seriously compromised on wifi as it only broadcast on one band (2.4 or 5 GHz) at once - not both simultaneously as newer Hubs do. That is really poor.

Either put it into modem mode and use your own better quality wireless equipment - or get the free upgrade - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's (may be a delivery charge).
It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John,

When I log on to my account it says I can have the Hub 3 but there seemed to be a few negative comments about it. As the hub I have is years old think I will try the hub 3 and see how successful that is first before getting a separate router.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I get as far as trying to order hub 3 then get

Oops! Something went wrong.
Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.
0 Kudos