Menu
saggy9999
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi to outdoor building

Hi

i have built my own garden bar during lockdown. Wifi from my hub is not picked up outside and as its on a different electrical circuit to house extenders dont work. I have just run an external ethernet cable from my hub out the wall round my house and into the bar.  What should i now buy to put in the bar to plug ethernet cable into tonguve me wifi in bar ??  

0 Kudos
jsstevo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi to outdoor building

Maybe try a Mesh Network for the house and add one in the pub (something like TP-Link Deco S4) or I think you can plug one of these into your Ethernet and it will provide the WiFi signal.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi to outdoor building

@saggy9999 wrote:

Hi

i have built my own garden bar during lockdown. Wifi from my hub is not picked up outside and as its on a different electrical circuit to house extenders dont work. I have just run an external ethernet cable from my hub out the wall round my house and into the bar.  What should i now buy to put in the bar to plug ethernet cable into tonguve me wifi in bar ??  

An access point like:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-AC2000-Wireless-Access-WAC124-100UKS/dp/B01LWUJU8H 

You can change the SSID and password to match the HUB so your devices should just connect, depending on where the are.

0 Kudos