cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi speeds

sjmartinlx
Tuning in

Can anybody tell me what is the fastest wifi speed I could get from Gig1 Hub and what do I need to get it? I get around 945 mbps over ethernet but only about 150-200 over wifi. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It depends on various factors, how close you are to the hub, the type of WiFi controller in the device and of course interference. It’s a know fact that the VM hubs do not have very good WiFi, that why many people use modem mode with their own router and/or Wireless Access Points. I use Ubiquiti WAPs and get over 500 on my iPad Pro throughout most of my house.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I am asking as my laptop is quite old and the wifi is not the best but If I was to buy another laptop what kind of wifi spec should it have to get the best wifi speed from the hub

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any modem laptop should have good WiFi, I certainly know Apple ones do. It is always, but always, best to connect to the internet with an Ethernet cable, it overcomes so many problems that people experience. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2