cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi slowing down between 6pm and 8pm

Doyle8711
On our wavelength

Hi,

So I have this weird issue that started recently every day between 6pm and 8pm my wifi slows to a crawl to the point it's impossible to watch Youtube, Netflix etc. I've checked the Hub and there are no unknown connections. I've restated the Hub many times and reset the password just incase and yet like clockwork Wifi slows to a crawl at the same time everyday.

Ethernet is completely fine no issue at all so it's not network traffic in the area.

3 REPLIES 3

NotoriousBSE
On our wavelength

Hey there,

It could be down to interference on the wifi channel you're transmitting on. Once all your neighbours and family get home from work/school and start watching Netflix etc the 2.4GHz channels can get conflicting signals due to the amount of excess traffic.

Try changing your wifi channel in the Hub settings to a different channel to the default. Ideally, one that doesn't overlap with the default.

The default channel is normally Channel 1, so try changing to Channel 6 or 11 as these don't overlap:

https://www.extremenetworks.com/extreme-networks-blog/2-4-ghz-channel-planning/

Alternatively, 5GHz is usually less crowded and a stronger signal if you're close to the hub, however the range is often not as good as 2.4GHz.

Hope that helps.

Thanks will give that a go and see what happens.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Doyle8711

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your services during peek times. 

Please could you advise if you have a BQM set up? If not you can follow the steps on how to do this here.

It will be beneficial to monitor the connection for 48 hours. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M