cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi signal intermittent drop out

MrPTeach
Tuning in

Hi, 

I’ve seen similar problems to mine and have tried those solutions: Hub reboot, hub reset, wires all out etc but the wifi still drops intermittently. We’re talking 10-15 times a day which isn’t great for work.

Wifi is fine then stops working for a few seconds. When working, speeds are great. 

9FC0055C-112A-4A18-8790-E9988538D8B4.png

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MrPTeach

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of any issues with the WiFi. I have ran a system check and all is fine, no issues. 

If it's just the WiFi, can you use the Connect App for me - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - to do a wireless scan in the property which should help with this.

Let me know how you get on

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi,
When I have signal, it says everything is fine. When the signal drops I can’t access things to check. 
-Any other solutions? 
Also, it’s an intermittent problem and some days it drops lots and others hardly at all. 

FE0D7D88-DE36-464E-A04C-FE0B57973ADC.png

 “Intermittent signal issue in your area.” I checked for connection issues via the website. 

Hello MrPTeach,

Thank you very much for joining our Community.
Can I just apologise for intermittent service.
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.
Sadly its not showing anything wrong, So I will need to send you a private message to gain account access and run further tests.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L