Menu
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi signal inconsistent

If you answer my Q from 2 weeks ago, in message 2, that would help show whether you have a connection issue or just a wifi one.

With that lovely BQM - my money is on wifi only - but you need to "test" that.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MarkNicholls,

Thank you for sharing your live BQM with us. I've taken a look at it and I can't see any issues with your connection being detected there.

As I can see @jbrennand has raised, it'd be great if we could narrow down if you're experiencing these issues only on a wireless/Wi-Fi connection, or if your wired connection is impacted with the same problem. Are you able to test and confirm this for us? That will help us dictate the next steps.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MarkNicholls
Joining in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The last time it happened I check my virgin box and that was okay.  Also my heating control was okay.  Both direct wired.

Mark

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

OK - if the wired connections are ok then on a Hub3, you can try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂

To address the wifi, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to “some customers” but most will be charged £5/month and right now they dont have enough supplies to provide them - unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue.

And at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi problems.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos