Menu
alijwelsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Wifi signal doesn't reach bedroom

I've recently been sent a notice that my wifi bill will increase, and yet, I cannot get good enough signal less than 5 metres away to teach online music lessons from the bedroom.

I feel I'm forced to look into buying a wifi booster but my wifi bill is already £53 a month! Is there a way to solve this issue? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi signal doesn't reach bedroom

Because of the price hike you can cancel the contract with 30-days notice and no £ penalties and find a new provider. When you call in to do that they may offer you a better deal to convince yoiu to stay - or they may not!

Alternatively you can grab hold of the Wifi issue and sort it once and for all for yourself. Ignore boosters and assuming your wired connections are all ok, then getting your own wireless equipment will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either.....

(1) A Mesh System, (2) A Wireless router, (3) A Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos