cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods

LizS1
Joining in

My daughter has just moved into a rented house in Leeds as a student and has a room on the lower ground floor. Their utilities are all managed by Uni Homes , as it helps them budget as they pay a set amount per month. The broadband is supplied by Virgin Media who Uni Homes have a contract with, I imagine that’s the same for many student properties across the UK managed by Uni Homes for their utilities. I have spent a long time on the phone to Virgin Media today , as has my daughter only to be told that it’s a business account because of Uni Homes a wifi pod cannot be sent out. I have explained it’s a residential property which they can see on google maps, with no success. They put me through to the business team but I already knew they do not send out wifi boosters 

Uni Homes are not able to help as they just set up the contract then leave it to the tenant to sort any technical issues 

Surely this issue has come up before for many  student properties and why can’t Virgin Media see they underneath the Uni Homes contracts they are residential student properties. They are receiving money from thousands of contracts. She just needs a couple of Wifi pods and if the account was in her name this would be possible 

I would like to submit a complaint but I can’t even work out how to on their website - the online complaint form only gives an option for mobile phone 

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LizS1 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you and your daughter have had in terms of getting clarity on the situation 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel 

Thanks for your private message but this factually incorrect , yes the contract is with UniHomes and this is a company therefore a business but my daughters property is a student residential property , UniHomes just manage the bills for it. I would have thought this issue may have come up in other student properties managed by UniHomes. The reason why I have posted this on the Community chat is to get any ideas /solutions from others and to see what you suggest 

Hi LizS1,

Thanks for posting.

I can appreciate the frustration with this and you just want to get things sorted for your daughter, however having looked over the conversation I can see that what Daniel has advised is correct.

Were you able to speak with the business team since posting? Let us know

Beth

LophieSim
Joining in

Hi, 

I am also facing the exact same problem with UniHomes in a student residence in Leeds. I would really like some help with my wifi and getting a booster/pod/extension! My room gets no Wifi signal and sometimes even my data barely works. I was told I can't get one because it's under a business account. I pay for Wifi each month but am barely getting to use it at all. Surely this isn't fair?

Hi @LophieSim 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to discuss this further, we'd suggest contacting Virgin Media Business using the details provided here

Regards,
Daniel