cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods

Hayley7
Joining in

Hi I need to order Wi-Fi pods as my signal is poor in the bedroom. The app says it’s poor and to order one but don’t have a clue how to. Please help 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this..

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month for up to 3 pods (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point, (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hayley7, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with ordering a WiFi Pod. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Hayley7, 

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

We're glad you've been able to get a pod ordered. Once you receive your pod, this link should help you get it up and running and installed. 

Just so you know, there are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 

• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode' 
  • Channel Optimisation must be left on 
  • The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled 
  • The SSID must be password protected 
  • The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home.

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you 

Hi can you tell me when I will receive the WiFi pod please.

Thanks for coming back to us Hayley7, I would be able to help further with this but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L